You will need:
- 6 hot or sweet Italian sausage, whichever you prefer or mix it up
- 14 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz. can of whole peeled or diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, diced
- fistful of basil, chopped
- salt & pepper to your taste
- olive oil
Pour olive oil into a large sauce pot, enough to cover the bottom of the pot, and put it on medium-low heat. Once the olive oil has heated up a bit, dump in the diced onion. Let the onion cook until it looks a little translucent and then stir the onions to the sides of the pot to make a little landing pad for the garlic. Let the onion and garlic simmer for a while until the garlic looks yellow, then stir it up. If the onions start to burn or cook to quickly, definitely turn the heat down.
Turn the heat way down and let your sauce simmer for at least 30 minutes. I like to simmer my sauce for as long as possible. Well, go try this and tell me what you think. Whatever, you'll like it.