Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thai Red Curry Deviled Eggs TRADER JOE'S STYLE!


This is the first ever guest recipe. This recipe is by Andrea Lynn and can be found in her new publication, The Trader Joe's College Cookbook.




Most of these recipes require signature Trader Joe's items, many of which I couldn't find a replacement for. So I went for a classic that I've never even tried before! Thai Red Curry Deviled Eggs, mmm.





 You will need:
  • 1 (9.3-ounce) package Trader Joe's Cage Free Fresh Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs (6 eggs)
  • 2 TBSP mayonnaise
  • 2 TBSP Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce
  • 1 TSP lime juice
  • 1 scallion (chopped) plus extra for garnish
  • 1 TSP kosher salt
Unfortunately, the closest Trader Joe's near me is as far away as Athens, GA and my muffler can't handle that right now. So, I substituted the Trader Joe's Cage Free Fresh Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs for 6 large eggs that I hard-boiled myself and instead of Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce I used 1 TSP regular Thai red curry paste.

The first thing you need to do is boil the eggs. The I Love Trader Joe's College Cookbook has a convenient Tips& Techniques section at the back of the book.

But for y'all who don't have a copy yet; put your eggs in a pot with water, enough to cover the eggs. Bring the water to a boil then cover the pot with a lid and remove it from heat. Let the eggs sit in the pot for 12 minutes. Carefully drain the eggs and refill the pot with cool water. Now you can peel the eggs without cooking your hands.

Cut each unpeeled egg in half lengthwise. Daintily scoop out the yolk and place it in a small mixing bowl. Place all egg halves hallow side up. Once you've got all the yolks, add the mayonnaise, scallions, lime juice, salt, and red curry paste or Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce.

Spoon the yolk mixture into the hallows of the egg halves. Garnish with the extra chopped scallions.


These were yummier than I thought they'd be! The only problem is saving them for when my boyfriend gets here . . . this isn't going to work.

Well, this is MY entry for the I Love Trader Joe's College Cookbook READER GIVE-AWAY!

Wish me luck.


Love,

Liz

No comments: